DICTATOR IN CHIEF TO END SELFIES/Barack Obama bientôt interdit de selfies

Et revoilà le selfie. Jusqu’à récemment cantonnée dans la sphère privée, la pratique du selfie est devenu un nouveau moyen de promotion pour les marques de téléphonie mobile. Lors de la dernière cérémonie des Oscars, Ellen DeGeneres avait ainsi affolé la toile en postant sur Twitter un selfie réalisé avec une brochette de stars comme Brad Pitt, Jennifer Lawrence, Angelina Jolie, Bradley Cooper ou encore Meryl Streep.
Retweeté à ce jour 3,4 millions de fois, ce message était devenu le plus partagé de l’histoire du réseau social. Mais ce beau moment de communion n’était en réalité qu’une opération de promotion de Samsung, un “placement de produit” dans le jargon publicitaire. Le premier fabricant de portables était en fait partenaire de la soirée et avait passé un deal avec le diffuseur, ABC pour que soient postés 10 selfies sur le compte Twitter officiel des Oscars.
Un mois plus tard, l’histoire semble bégayer. Invité mardi 1er avril avec toute son équipe de baseball à la Maison-Blanche, le joueur David Ortiz, star des Red Sox de Boston, avait profité de l’occasion pour réaliser un selfie avec le président Barack Obama. Immédiatement postée sur son compte Twitter, la photo avait été partagée plus de 40.000 fois en 24 heures.
ENGLISH VERSION:

The White House may put the kabash on all future presidential selfies, a top aide said Sunday. White House Senior Advisor Dan Pfeiffer’s comments came after the Boston Red Sox’s David Ortiz’s much-retweeted selfie with Obama was reported to be a publicity stunt for the company.

Ortiz took the famous selfie with Obama during a team visit to the White House last week. The President, however, didn’t know Ortiz had a paid deal with Samsung to drum up publicity for the company, according to the New York Daily News. Pfeiffer said Sunday that White House lawyers have spoken with Samsung’s legal team over the suddenly notorious selfie.

“Maybe this will be the end of all selfies,” Pfeiffer said on CBS’s Face the Nation. “Someone who uses the President’s likeness to promote a product … that’s a problem with the White House.”

When asked about the Obama/Ortix selfie, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said Monday there’s “no discussion of a ban” on presidential selfies, but added the White House Counsel discussed the selfie with Samsung.

Samsung revealed its marketing deal with Ortiz after the slugger snapped the selfie. Ortiz’s tweet with the image was retweeted more than 42,000 times, including a retweet to Samsung’s 5.2 million followers.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Protected by WP Anti Spam